Bushells - Our Cuppa since 1883
Back in 1883, when Alfred 'the Tea Man' Bushell opened his first teashop in Queensland, he knew he was onto something good. His distinctly smooth, and full-flavoured tea quickly became an over-the-counter sensation.
His rigorous attention to quality and authenticity ensured his success.
Through two world wars, floods, droughts, booms and busts, Australia has changed a lot. But it's nice to know some things haven't.
For over 125 years, a long line of expert tea tasters have worked hard to maintain "the Tea Man's" highest quality standards, so that we can now, all enjoy the great authentic Bushells cuppa, year after year, generation after generation.
Making the Perfect Cuppa
- Pour freshly boiled water over a Bushells teabag
- Watch brew turn rich and dark
- Add milk and sugar if you wish
- Raid the bickie jar
- Wrap both hands around your mug, fire up with a conversation and share the smooth, full flavoured taste of Bushells tea.
- Warm your pot and cups
- Use 1 Teaspoon (3g) of Bushells leaf tea for each serving
- Pour freshly boiled water into pot
- Raid the bickie jar while waiting 2-3 minutes for the tea to infuse or until the tea leaves start to settle
- Strain and serve to taste with milk and sugar
- Settle back for a nice chat with friends and enjoy the smooth, full flavoured taste of Bushells tea.